Search Reviews...

Saturday 1 March 2014

Superdrug Restoring Skincare Oil Review

Hey People!

Today's review is for the Superdrug Restoring Skincare Oil which is a great moisturising, scar-reducing oil, particularly good for dry skin.

I use this oil as a night facial moisturiser, sometimes mixing it with rose hip oil as I have quite a bit of acne scarring on my forehead and was looking for a scar-reducing product. I also looked at Bio-Oil which is more expensive but both these products seem to be pretty similar so I went for the cheaper option.

The packaging is a very simple transparent plastic bottle so won't break if dropped.The oil itself is bright orange just like Bio-Oil and has a dropper dispenser in the lid of the bottle so the oil is contained well and is less likely to leak. To apply, I simply dispense 10 drops into my clean hand, rub my palms together and massage the oil into freshly cleansed skin.


The oil is lovely and light, absorbing quickly into the skin leaving it nicely moisturised but not greasy. Although aimed at mature skins, this product is great for skins of any age and specifically normal to dry skin and those with light scarring. Also, it is a nice product to have during the winter months when skin can become particularly dehydrated.

It has a very runny consistency as you would expect from any facial oil meaning you need to keep your palm level when dropping it out (so it doesn't run off your hand) but means that it smooths onto the skin beautifully, making application quite enjoyable. It has quite a strong floral scent which I personally like but it does linger for a while once absorbed so those who are not keen on strong scents may not like this product.

I have found that the scarring on my forehead has certainly faded since I have started to use this product, so it lives up to its scar-reducing claims. However, my acne scarring is pretty minor and those with deeper scarring or discolouration may find that this product cannot work complete miracles on more major skin damage. 

I am now on my second bottle of the 75ml version and you can also buy 200ml of the product with either the same dropper dispenser or with a spray dispenser, however I find that the smaller bottle is better for travelling. Even so, which ever size you get, this oil lasts a long time as I have been using it every night for several months now and still have more than half a bottle left so for £5.69 you get great value for money. (links to where you can by this product are at the bottom of the post).

Overview

Pros
  • Good for minor scarring
  • Moisturising
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Non-greasy
  • Non-messy packaging
  • Good for dry skin
  • Lasts a long time
  • Inexpensive
  • Comes in two sizes and types of dispenser
Cons
  • Strong scent
  • Not effective on major scarring
  • Runny consistency - slightly messy application

Overall I would recommend this product.

 Hope this was helpful and thank you for reading.
________________________________

Links to where you can buy this product:
Superdrug - 75ml - £5.69
Superdrug - 200ml - £13.99
Superdrug - 200ml Spray - £13.99



No comments:

Post a Comment